Reinstall Drupal 8
Reinstalling a Drupal 8 site can't be bruteforced as in Drupal 7 where dropping all tables in the database is enough to reinstall a site.
One of the reasons why just dropping tables in the database isn't enough is that the config directory (e.g. sites/default/files/config_somehashkey) needs to be deleted.
Follow these steps to reinstall your Drupal 8 website:
- Empty the files directory.
- Replace the settings.php file with a copy of the default.settings.php file.
- Add write permissions to the settings.php file.
- Drop all tables in the database.
- Reinstall the site on http://yoursite.com/core/install.php.
Reinstall your Drupal 8 site like a pro by using Drush
You can simply reinstall your site by using the Drush si command.
Example for reinstalling your Drupal 8 site with drush:
drush si standard --account-pass=SOMEPASS --db-url=mysql://SOMEUSER@SOMESERVER/SOMEDATABASE;
More information on the Drush si command can be found by using "drush help si" in the command line.